Competitive Compensation and Benefit Package
The comprehensive benefits and longevity-based compensation package offered by Southern California Permanente Medical Group (SCPMG) enables physicians to focus on what they do best - provide their patients with exceptional care.
* Medical/dental/vision coverage
* Supplemental medical coverage
* Special dependent coverage
* Vacation/holiday/sick/education time and leave (prorated to work schedule)
* Retirement and savings plans
* Relocation package
* Professional liability coverage
* Minimum salaries are inclusive of premium pay and incentives depending on skills and competencies and geographic location.
Partnership of SCPMG
* Transition to a Partner/Owner of SCPMG
* Eligible after three consecutive years of full-time employment (six consecutive years of part-time employment)
* Increased benefits (e.g., compensation, retirement, life insurance)
* Voting rights on organizational decisions
*Annual Salary will be based on longevity with the Group and FTE work schedule/effort
About the area
The greater Palm Springs area (Coachella Valley) is a convenient gateway to Southern California's natural wonders, with excellent proximity to the beach, LA/OC/SD, San Bernardino National Forest, Big Bear Lake, Idyllwild and Lake Arrowhead (hiking, snow- and water-skiing), as well as the low and high deserts. In addition to the famous dining, resorts and golf courses in the Palm Springs area, there is the natural beauty of Mt. San Jacinto with the Aerial Tramway, the Santa Rosas, the Indian Canyons and Joshua Tree National Park. There are many activities such as casinos with their music and entertainment, world-class concerts like Coachella and Stagecoach, the Palm Springs International Film Festival, the BNP Paribas Indian Wells tennis tournament, golf tournaments, and the Coachella Valley Firebirds minor league hockey team, to name a few. The area offers many renowned shopping destinations, relatively affordable housing and less traffic than others in the region and has the Palm Springs International Airport with direct flights to most US and Canadian cities.
With its large geographical footprint, the Coachella Valley (a submarket of Riverside Kaiser Permanente) offers both the stability of the Permanente system and a high level of independence. Physicians are offered incredible variety--they can work in an urban setting or in more rural locations with a small-town feel; at the foot of the San Jacinto and Santa Rosa mountains or in the desert. Yet there are strong threads that run throughout our area: a culture of first-name collegiality, healthy work-life balance, and flexibility. A high level of respect from patients also helps unify the area and render the caregiving experience deeply gratifying. With its exceptional growth rate--perhaps the highest in the region--the area is still evolving, with new talent and ideas arriving each week. This keeps Coachella Valley environment fresh, young, and exciting, with leadership opportunities being presented regularly.