Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0016785
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
The Division of Hematology-Oncology at the University of Minnesota is seeking a board certified/eligible Pediatric Benign Hematologist at the Assistant, Associate or Professor rank on an academic track.
- Applicants will participate in clinical research, develop and manage clinical trials and/or quality improvement initiatives and publish results in peer reviewed journals, in addition to caring for patients on the inpatient and outpatient units of the University of Minnesota Masonic Children's Hospital.
- Applicants will also be expected to participate in the education of trainees including medical students, residents and fellows.
- Priority programs for the division at this time include complex coagulation and general benign hematology but qualified candidates with other interests in pediatric oncology and hematology are encouraged to apply.
About the Division:
The Division of Hematology-Oncology provides a rich and cooperative environment for the care of children and adolescents with cancer and blood disease. The division has a growing program in benign hematology with a strong emphasis on complex coagulation disorders and red cell disorders. We have strong collaborative multi-departmental and multi-divisional translational research and clinical efforts focused on integrating novel findings and addressing healthcare inequities to advance the field of benign hematology. A major focus is the support of the cardiovascular surgery program and the complex coagulation management of patients undergoing cardiovascular surgery. The division invites applications for an Academic track position, with a focus in clinical care and translational research specifically focused on benign hematology, at the rank of Assistant, Associate or Full Professor.
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME pediatric residency and completion of a fellowship in pediatric hematology-oncology or pediatric neuro-oncology and board certification or board eligibility in the subspecialty
- Board eligible/certified with the American Board of Pediatrics in Pediatric Hematology/Oncology or Neuro-Oncology
- Licensed or ability to acquire medical license and DEA in the State of Minnesota, and meet threshold criteria/qualifications for credentialing and privileges.
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of the VISA.
This role is dually employed and applicants should complete the corresponding application for this position here.
Our benefits package was recently recognized for its competitive and inclusive nature. Some highlights include:
- Comprehensive medical and dental insurance plans
- As a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, we are a qualified employer for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program
- Best in industry 401K employer contribution
- Concierge services and a well-being allowance
More information can be found here: UMN Benefits and M Physicians Benefits.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships
Providers practice at affiliated locations under the M Health Fairview shared care delivery system. This partnership represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to build a nationally known academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
University of Minnesota
The University of Minnesota is among the largest and most prestigious public research universities in the nation. The University Medical School is a world-class institution with a long history of leadership and discoveries that have changed the practice of medicine. The nearly 3,000 outstanding faculty members are committed to achieving excellence in research, clinical care, and developing the next generation of health providers.
We are based in Minneapolis and consistently ranked as one of the best places to live in America by U.S. News & World Report. The Minneapolis-St. Paul area offers a high quality of life and a low cost of living. You'll find excellent school systems, a robust economy, an award-winning culinary scene, museums of all types, outstanding theaters, and a reliable international airport. If you love the outdoors, you can enjoy all four seasons with the plethora of lakes, parks, and some of the country's best bike trails!
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.