Location: Minneapolis, Minnesota
Internal Number: R0019011
University of Minnesota Physicians (M Physicians) is a non-profit organization seeking driven individuals in both clinical and non-clinical areas to help transform health and medicine. Headquartered in Minneapolis, our organization employs more than 1,200 physicians, 300 advanced practice providers and 2,200 health professionals and staff throughout Minnesota and beyond.
Join us on a mission to advance medicine.
M Physicians is seeking a full-time board certified/eligible Emergency Medicine Physician for our emergency rooms on both campuses of the University of Minnesota Medical Center in Minneapolis, MN.
About the Appointment:
- This full-time (1.0 FTE) position primarily requires clinical time in the Emergency Departments at the University of Minnesota Medical Center - East and West Bank Campuses
- Flexibility of schedule (block shifts, days/week, etc.)
About the Emergency Department at UMMC:
- University of Minnesota Medical Center (UMMC) is a 1,932 licensed bed facility
- UMMC is a Level III Trauma Center, Stroke Center and Level I Cardiac Center
- Approximately 50,000 patients are seen annually between the two campuses
- Average inpatient admissions (annually): 34,497
- Graduate of an accredited ACGME Emergency Medicine residency training program
- Board eligible/certified with the American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM)
- Licensed or ability to obtain Minnesota Board of Medical Practice Licensure
- Ability to obtain/maintain DEA certification in the State of Minnesota
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges
- Ability to receive work authorization in the United States from the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services and maintain legal status according to the requirements of VISA category while in the United States
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional collaboration abilities with partners and staff
- Understands and places importance on patient care/service
- Detail oriented and self-motivated
- Education focused and a creative problem-solver
Information about benefits of working at the University of Minnesota Physicians can be found at https://mphysicians.org/careers.
M Health and Clinical Partnerships:
University of Minnesota Physicians providers practice at affiliated locations under the University of Minnesota Health Fairview (M Health Fairview) shared care delivery system. M Health Fairview represents a collaboration between University of Minnesota Physicians, University of Minnesota Medical Center and Fairview Health Services to create a nationally renowned academic health system that combines academic and community resources to provide the very best clinical care to patients and communities, while also supporting research and education across the joint healthcare delivery system.
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC):
The University of Minnesota, Twin Cities (UMTC), is among the largest public research universities in the country, offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional students a multitude of opportunities for study and research. Located at the heart of one of the nation's most vibrant, diverse metropolitan communities, students on the campuses in Minneapolis and St. Paul benefit from extensive partnerships with world-renowned health centers, international corporations, government agencies, and arts, nonprofit, and public service organizations.
University of Minnesota Physicians is based in the beautiful Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area, ranked as the #6 best place to live in America by U.S. News & World Report in 2019. For more information about the vibrant culture, community, and recreation that Minneapolis-St. Paul has to offer, please click on the links below.
Greater Minneapolis - St. Paul Metropolitan Area
U.S. News & World Report Ranking
Minnesota Department of Education
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
M Physicians offers competitive salary and excellent benefits and provides you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of health care through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.