Location: Miami, Florida
The position is primarily a clinical position related to the diagnosis, treatment and clinical management of pediatric patients in a multidisciplinary environment that includes physicians, nurses, advanced practice providers, clinical scientists and social workers. The position offers exposure to a mix of general and high acuity pediatric patients. The position also includes teaching and supervision of medical residents and provides opportunities to participate in research and publishing.
Job Specific Duties
- Applies knowledge of growth and development in customer interactions and treatment.
- Continues to actively self-educate (i.e., reading journals, CME credits, NCH conferences, etc.).
- Coordinates and/or develops and delivers monthly inservices to meet staff and resident development needs.
- Coordinates follow-up of tests, lab studies, and patient follow-up phone calls.
- Directly provides clinical services to patients including, but not limited to: performing and recording history and physical examinations, recording and interpreting pertinent patient data, developing and documenting a treatment plan, writing routine orders for appropriate laboratory studies, x-rays and consultations, performing patient/parent teaching, assisting with patient follow-up, performing appropriate screenings, administering medications as required, ordering and/or performing therapeutic and diagnostic procedures as indicated by patient findings.
- Makes suggestions to Department Director and/or attending staff that may be beneficial to the improvement of the department.
- Participates in Performance Improvement, Research and Publishing.
- Participates in teaching of and is role model to medical students and residents.
- Participates in the call schedule as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) or Doctor of Osteopathy (D.O.) from an accredited medical school
- MD - Doctor of Medicine Current state medical license and in good standing with medical board
- CPR BLS -American Heart Association BLS maintain active and in good standing throughout employment
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Exceptional clinical, research and teaching skills and have a commitment to academic pediatrics.
- Able to relate cooperatively and constructively with patients, families and co-workers.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
- Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to interpret, adapt, and react calmly under stressful conditions.
- Ability to problem solve to formulate a plan of care and evaluate the patient's response to care.
- Ability to interpret, adapt and react calmly under stressful conditions.
Primary Location :
BAPTIST MAIN ED-3100-401670