Axia Women’s Health is leading the way in improving women’s health. At the heart of achieving this is a caring, connected, and progressive community of more than 275 providers and 100 women’s health centers across New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Indiana, Kentucky & Ohio. Our fast-growing community spans OB/GYN physicians, breast health centers, high-risk pregnancy centers, state – of – the - art laboratory, urogynecology, and fertility centers. Together, we put women first by delivering the personalized care they need to lead healthier, happier lives.
We are seeking a Pathologist to join our Laboratory located in Oaks, PA less than 20 miles from northwest Philadelphia. Axia’s Laboratory is a full service, state - of - the art Laboratory, accredited by the College of American Pathologists. The Laboratory provides a broad spectrum of diagnostic services including Surgical Pathology, Cytology (ThinPrep Pap), Molecular Pathology, and Clinical Pathology processing over 200,000 patient samples per year. We pride ourselves in producing accurate, timely results for our providers and care centers.
The Pathologist is responsible for the professional and technical assessment of anatomical and clinical pathology specimens in the laboratory. The Pathologist will interpret anatomical and clinical pathology specimens and be available to consult for technical and professional events as they arise.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide professional laboratory services including the performance of microscopic surgical pathology and cytology interpretations.
2. Participate in quality control, quality assurance, and proficiency programs established to assure the quality of laboratory services provided.
3. Ensure and assist with the establishment and maintenance of acceptable levels of analytical performance for cytotechnologists.
4. Ensure that reports of test results include accurate and pertinent information required for interpretation by providers.
5. Be available for consultation to the laboratory’s clients on matters relating to the quality of the test results reported and their interpretation concerning specific patient conditions.
6. Ensure operational adherence to currently accepted quality of technical service standards for laboratory medicine.
7. Assist with other duties as required by the Medical Director.
8. Perform other responsibilities as mandated by Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) and any other pertinent local, state or federal regulations.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES
* Knowledge of compliance and responsibilities of a CAP and JC accredited laboratory
• An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
• Knowledgeable of academic medical organizations and a proven track record of success in working in such settings.
• A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
• An intelligent, articulate team player who can relate to people at all levels of the organization and who possesses excellent communication skills.
• An effective educator who is willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
• Exposure to both biohazardous and hazardous substances.
• May be exposed to the risk of blood borne diseases.
• Exposure to a variety of electro-mechanical hazards.
• Exposure to odorous chemicals and specimens.
Doctor of Medicine (MD)
Medical License: Pennsylvania State Board of Medical Examiners
Two years related experience in both Clinical and Anatomic Pathology
Certification: Certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology by the American Board of Pathology of the American Osteopathic Board of Pathology or possess qualifications that are equivalent to those required for certification.
Employer will assist with relocation costs.
Internal Number: LAB - Pennsylvania
About Axia Women's Health
Axia Women’s Health is a community of caring, connected, progressive health professionals committed to giving women more. Women deserve access to a more attentive, more sophisticated, more compassionate healthcare experience that meets their changing needs across time. We connect women to a wider spectrum of care that delivers innovative technology and treatments. The strength of our network gives us the power to continuously elevate the quality of our care while preserving the personalized nature of our approach.
Our fast-growing network spans OB/GYN physicians, breast health centers, high-risk pregnancy centers, laboratories, urogynecology, fertility centers, and more. Together, we put women first by connecting them to the total care they need to lead healthier, happier lives.
We create a more caring, connected, and progressive women’s healthcare community.
To lead the way in improving women’s health.