Seeking a Medical Director (MD) that will be responsible for the clinical oversight of the Southern California Orthopedic Clinical Institute (Program). The MD functions as a dyad partner with the Region Executive Director and assists in executing strategic plans, policies, clinical pathways and protocols. Two openings are available: one will oversee Los Angeles County and the other will oversee Orange County and the High Desert.
· 0.25 FTE, 10 hours per week
· Board-certification in Orthopedic Surgery required
· Physician license to practice medicine in CA
· Graduate work, certification or degree in healthcare management, medical informatics/analytics or business is preferred
· Five or more years of progressive management experience in healthcare, preferably with in-depth knowledge specific to clinical program areas across the continuum
· Experience in an innovative, multi-site, regionally integrated health system required
· Physician and medical group alignment and integration experience required
· Significant experience leading teams, group facilitation, project management and building management systems is required
· Experience in implementing and designing evidence-based, team-based care is required
Where You'll Work
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center Torrance has a 50-year legacy of excellence in this coastal south Los Angeles suburb and is one of six hospitals Providence operates in Southern California. Winner of Truven Health Analytics' 100 Top Hospitals award three years in a row, Little Company of Mary offers cutting-edge technology and therapies in cardiac, surgical and neonatal care, all in a state-of-the-art facility just 2 miles from the beach.
Where You'll Live
Los Angeles is the second most populous city in the United States, outdone only by New York City. Nicknamed the City of Angels, LA is home to an estimated four million citizens and boasts a diverse economy, including a thriving entertainment industry. With an average of only 35 days with measurable precipitation annually, LA enjoys a Mediterranean climate with plenty of sunshine and blue skies which can be enjoyed on the area's iconic beaches.
Who You'll Work For
Providence is a nationally recognized, comprehensive health care organization spanning seven states with a universal mission - to provide compassionate care to all who need its services, especially the poor and vulnerable. Its 119,000-plus caregivers/employees serve in 51 hospitals, more than 800 clinics and a comprehensive range of health and social services. Providence: one name, one family, one extraordinary health system.
Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran
Tell us your why, we'll find your where.Provider Solutions & Development is a community of experts founded within Providence, a purpose-driven, 51-hospital health system, over 20 years ago out of a clear need to change recruitment. We’re not focused on quotas, and we don’t work on commission. We support and serve physicians and advanced practice clinicians with heart, from residency to retirement, so you can do the same for your patients. With exclusive access to hundreds of positions across the nation, we offer holistic, personal career coaching that puts your needs first. We don’t just fill positions, we fulfill individuals by taking the time to help you find where you’re meant to be at every step of your journey. Reach out today by emailing LetsTalk@psdrecruit.org, calling (844) 874-7742 or navigating to www.psdrecruit.org