Swedish Sharded Services is looking for a Video Remote Interpreting \(VRI\) Technology Program Coordinator \(1\.0 FTE, Day Shift\) to work in Linguistic Services at Swedish First Hill in Seattle, WA\.
The VRI Technology Program Coordinator will work directly with the Linguistic Services Manager, interfacing and acting as a liaison between Swedish IS/IT staff and vendor\(s\) in designing, operationalizing and evaluating Video Remote Interpreting \(VRI\) and telephonic projects and working collaboratively with Swedish Departments to implement services and ensure technology compatibilities are maintained across the Swedish system\.
In this position you will:
- Assisting the Linguistic Services Manager in managing and optimizing clinical operations and interpretation service levels
- Assists in building the infrastructure of the VRI services at Swedish including development of activities, identification of timelines, consistent reporting on progress of the work plan, and evaluations of the progress of the work and identification and resolution of any barriers to completing projects and tasks
- Responsible for meeting the Service Level Agreements \(SLAs\) established between the VRI vendor and other Swedish groups both inside and outside the department
- Proficient in the use of video conferencing and telephonic technologies and will act as a resource for providing on\-site VRI technology support including installation, maintenance and trouble\-shooting of equipment problems in collaboration with the vendor and SMC IT/IS staff
- Interfaces with and advises the user community on voice telecommunication/ telephonic interpretation issues
- Training Swedish providers, staff and customers in use of VRI and telephonic equiment and process, and assisting in identification and resolution of equipment problems in collaboration with vendor and SMC information technology staff
- Will monitor VRI and telephonic equipment, and staff performace in the internal VRI Call Center
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, business, technical, social services or health related field required
- Four years of training, related experience or combination of both may be substituted for the degree requipement
- Valid Washington State driver's license required
- Possession of the minimum \(or greater\) insurance coverage as mandated by the state of Washington also required
- Five years progressively more responsible technical experience in telecom technology required with at least two years in video conferencing/ VRI
- Minimum one year experience in a program management capacity implementing multi\-departmental or enterprise solutions
- Strong background in high\-volume customer service experience, which included demonstrated leadership, strong analytical, problem\-solving and organzational skills, pregerably in a Healthcare environment
- Ability to communicate clearly and respectfully with a diverse range of customers, and serve as an end\-user advocate
- Able to learn new technologies quickly to solve customer support issues
- In\-depth knowledge of VRI video conferencing principles \(video enpoints, networking connectivity, and SIP protocol
- Familiartiy with Cisco, Polycom and other brands of video endpoints
- Moderate to advanced computer skills required; strong Exel and MS Windows applications skills required\. Working knowledge of Visio \(flowcharting/drawing\), Outlook, Powerpoint, Access, SharePoint, FrontPage and Acrobat preferred
About the First Hill Campus
The 697\-bed tertiary\-care center on the Swedish/First Hill campus is the flagship of the Swedish health\-care system\. Swedish/First Hill has one of the most active and advanced birthing programs in Washington State and houses a Level III neonatal intensive\-care unit\. More surgeries are performed each year at Swedish/First Hill than at any other facility in the region; volumes include more total joint replacements than any other medical center in the state\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Patient Care Tech/Asst/Aide \(non licensed\)
Req ID: 149699