Providence is calling a Six Sigma Black Belt to Providence Health & Services in Olympia, WA.
We are seeking an individual to identify and implement breakthrough strategies across institutional and functional boundaries using Operational Excellence (OE) tools and methodologies. The position will focus on delivering results measured as significant and documented improvement in health care and service delivery.
In this position you will:
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff at all levels in Providence Health & Services, including the regions and ministries, as well as with other departments, staff, vendors and agents, and others.
- Provide technical and strategic leadership in meeting Operational Excellence goals and objectives.
- Define and implement process improvements on key initiatives that result in significant improvements in service delivery, increasing organizational effectiveness, increasing the safety of our environment to those providing and receiving care.
- Deliver clear and concise communications, meetings, presentations and/or recommendations to staff, management, executives, and peers within the organization.
- Consult with senior leaders to identify potential Operational Excellence (OE) projects and develop project proposals.
- Develop approved projects and project timelines.
- Lead, train, coach and guide team members through completion of each project.
- Ensure that key metrics are defined, developed, tracked and re-evaluated; and that improvements result in a positive impact for each project.
- Partner with Finance to incorporate project savings into long-range financial plans and operating budgets.
- Ensure all applicable regulatory requirements such as HIPAA and/or health screening is incorporated into project planning, updates and reports in an effort to maintain regulatory compliance and integrity of confidential/private data and patient information.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Production Engineer, Health Care or related field or significant, appropriate and relevant years of work, coupled with current Blackbelt certification.
- Six Sigma (DMAIC) and Lean experience
- Must have led or co-led a minimum of 3, full-cycle Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma and/or Lean projects
- Previous experience successfully working in a highly matrixed work environment
- Training and/or experience in process improvement facilitation and techniques (i.e. CAP)
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Master's degree
- Previous experience managing personnel and/or projects
- Experience in healthcare
- Training experience
About the department you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Operational Excellence / Lean / Black Belt
Req ID: 148742