Providence is calling a Phlebotomist to Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
This is a temporary on-call position with variable shifts. The approximate duration of this position is 6 - 8 months.
The phlebotomist draws blood and other samples from patients for various lab tests and procedures.
In this position you will:
- Obtain patient blood samples by skin puncture, venipuncture and arterial puncture
- Process specimens by using centrifugation, separation, delivery to department, prep for transfer to lab
- Ensure cleanliness in the lab and maintain instruments
- Maintain laboratory supplies by ordering, receiving and stocking them
- Use a computer to register lab patients, order tests and input specimen data
Required qualifications for this position include:
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Assistant Phlebotomist Certification (MA-P)
- Valid Washington State Drivers License and safe driving record
- One (1) year working experience or satisfactory completion of six (6) month medically-oriented training program
- Typing ability at 40 WPM
- Ability to perform pre-test counseling for HIV testing per WACs
- Ability to read, write and verbally communicate in English
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Current CLP (ASCP) Registered Phlebotomist or equivalent certification
- Computer experience
- Previous experience using Electronic Medical Records (specifically EPIC)
About the hospital you will serve .
Providence Centralia Hospital in Centralia, Washington is a 127-bed, not-for-profit hospital providing emergency, diagnostic, cancer, birthing and surgical services. It consistently receives high scores on accreditation surveys by the Joint Commission, the Washington Department of Health (DOH) and the Washington Department of Social and Health Services (DSHS).
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 150023