Providence is calling a Medical Technologist to Centralia Hospital in Centralia, WA.
We are seeking a medical technologist to perform the essential laboratory testing that is critical to the detection, diagnosis, and treatment of disease. This is a temporary position with benefits. The approximate duration of this position will be from six (6) to twelve (12) months.
In this position you will:
- Plan, perform and evaluate routine and complex laboratory tests.
- Operate instruments and perform maintenance function checks and trouble-shoot.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or related science program or an Associates of Arts degree in Science with a minimum of sixteen hours of Chemistry and Biology and three semester hours of Math or Computer Science
- If certified or eligible for certification by AMT or NCA with an AA degree, a minimum of five years experience in a clinical laboratory environment is required
- Completion of an accredited Medical Technology program
- Certification by ASCP or equivalent body
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Experience in a medical laboratory
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Peter Hospital is a 390-bed, not-for-profit regional teaching hospital. Located in Olympia, WA, St. Peter offers comprehensive rehabilitation, medical, surgical and behavioral health services. We have been ranked as one of the top 100 hospitals and as one of 10 premier healthcare employers in the nation and have recently achieved the coveted Magnet®" recognition from the American Nurses Credentialing Center®. Our hospital rests on a 173-acre campus, much of which includes natural forest and preserved wetlands that maintain a healing environment for patients and staff.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Lab (Medical Technologist, Medical Lab Technologist)
Req ID: 150021