Swedish Medical Center is looking for a Conference Event Coordinator \(1\.0 FTE, Day shift\) to work in Conference Services at Swedish Issaquah in Issaquah, WA\.
Th Conference Event Coordinator is responsible for staffing the Swedish/Issaquah Conference Center and is often the first point of contact for guests and employees asking directions to meetings, offices, and departments and scheduling meetings in the Conference Center\. The Conference Event Coordinator handles all conference center logistics including room reservations and catering orders and sets a positive, warm and uplifting tone in the Conference Center\.
In this position you will:
- Receives and responds promptly \(within 48 hours\) to Conference Center space requests and catering orders
- Ensures integrity of Conference Center scheduling system \(Scheduler Plus\) so events and activities in campus common areas and conference space are accessible to all
- Assists with event planning and execution including conference center reservations, event set\-up, the catering ordering process
- Participates in campus and community events, including planning and day\-of logistics\. Maintains knowledge of Swedish programs and information\. Serves as a representative to Swedish to community members and guests
- High School Diploma or GED
- Current State of Washington Food and Beverage Service Worker's Permit
- One to two years related experience providing exceptional customer service dealing extensively with the public
- Previous experience working in the hospitality, visitors or tourism industries
About the Issaquah Campus
With advances in technology, an environmentally friendly design and new hospital infrastructure, the campus is designed to be different\. The new campus provides a broad range of inpatient and outpatient medical services including oncology, cardiac care, obstetrics, pediatric specialty care, emergency services, primary care and a host of other medical and surgical services and specialists\.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits — see our website for details
Our Non\-Profit Mission: Improve the health and well\-being of each person we serve\.
Since 1910, Swedish has been a hallmark of excellence\. Swedish has grown to become the largest non\-profit health provider in the Greater Seattle area with 11,000 employees, more than 2,800 physicians and 1,700 volunteers\. Swedish is committed to being the best place to receive care, and also the best place to work\. We reward our employees with generous compensation and benefits, individualized orientation, education and a supportive work environment\. Swedish is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer\. Swedish does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, protected veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law\.
Job Category: Administrative Support \(Clinical\)
Req ID: 147762