Providence is calling a MSW Social Worker (UM) ( Full Time / Day Shift ) to our Facey Utilization Management location in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- Provides social work services to patients/clients in a variety of residential settings to enable patients and significant others to more effectively deal with the impact of medical and/or psychiatric illness, or disability, on individual and family functioning.
- Assist in the finding of satisfactory solutions or adjustments to medical, social, emotional and financial problems related to illness or disability which may interfere with access to and use of medical care, taking into account patients ''physical or age-related needs".
- Participates in the development and review of appropriate protocols, facilitates formal and informal meetings regarding patient and family communication and decision making processes that support appropriate referral and consistent care.
- Works in collaboration with physicians and the interdisciplinary care teams to provide services to seriously ill patients and their families.
- Engages in independent decision-making about psychosocial needs, provides psychosocial services to individuals and their families, and provides formal and informal meetings regarding patient and family communication and decision making.
- Obtains a psychosocial history, including chart review and information gathered from the patient and family, and conducts psychosocial assessments.
- Provides direct patient care as well as consultative services to assure proper referral to Complex Care Management, Palliative Care, Hospice or other Community Resources.
- In addition to these clinical duties, is responsible for contributing social services expertise to staff education, data collection, and quality improvement.
Required qualifications for these positions:
- Master's of Social Work (MSW) degree.
- 3-5 years of inpatient, outpatient, or home-based social work
- Demonstrated experience in counseling and group work
- Experience working with the legal issues arising from illness and patient care issues.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Working knowledge of computer applications, i.e. Microsoft Office
- Maintains and improves skill level through participation in continuing education
- Regularly attends and actively participates in staff meetings
- Completes all initial and annual required learning relevant to licensure and this role
- Complies with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies
- Contributes to a safe work environment
- Demonstrated evidence of experience in a variety of care settings, such as, palliative hospice, clinic, hospital, home, i.e., ability to: Work independently as well as collaboratively on a small interdisciplinary team and provide and model interdisciplinary palliative assessment and management of physical, psychosocial and spiritual symptoms during aggressive treatment and end of life care.
Preferred qualifications for these positions:
- Advanced training in palliative care, geriatric or medical social work.
- Spanish speaking.
About the organization you will serve:
Facey is a Medical Group with offices in the San Fernando, Santa Clarita, Simi and San Gabriel Valleys. We are known as a multi specialty medical group, meaning we employ over 180 healthcare providers offering a broad range of specialties including primary care, OB/GYN and medical and surgical specialties. Facey operates two Urgent Care Centers (Santa Clarita & Mission Hills) that offer comprehensive physician services, lab and radiology seven days a week. We have affiliations with several hospitals in our service areas including Providence Holy Cross Medical Center, Providence St. Joseph Medical Center, Henry Mayo Newhall Medical Center, Northridge Medical Center, Simi Valley Medical Center and San Gabriel Medical Center. We are physicians who treat members of various insurance plans. Facey contracts with most of the major health insurance plans. We see HMO, PPO, Medicare, MediCal and cash pay patients. For those who are Medicare eligible, Facey not only takes Medicare but we contract with many of the Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plans (MAPD – HMO) as well as Medicare Supplement or MediGap PlansHigh School.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Social Work / Care Management / Counseling
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 147909