Providence is calling a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant ( Per Diem / Day Shift ) to Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, CA.
In this position you will:
- TheCertified Occupational Therapy Assistant will implement Occupational TherapyServices for patients under the direction and supervision of an OccupationalTherapist (OTR).
- These responsibilities include, but are not limited to, directpatient care, documentation and other departmental responsibilities.
- The COTAis required to implement policies and procedures related to the delivery ofOccupational Therapy Services.
- The COTA may be required to treat any patientfrom adolescent to geriatric.
- They will demonstrate proficiency in deliveringcare to assigned age-specific patient populations.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Associatesdegree from an accredited COTA program.
- CurrentBLS certificate through the American Heart Association.
- ValidCOTA license.
About the hospital you will serve:
Providence Saint John's Health Center in Santa Monica, California, is part of Providence Health & Services, an integrated, not-for-profit network of hospitals, care centers, medical clinics, home health services, affiliated services and educational facilities in the western United States. Founded in 1942, Providence Saint John's Health Center enjoys a reputation for clinical excellence across many disciplines.
The 266-bed health center has a medical staff of more than 900 physicians, 1,800 employees and a host of volunteers who share a commitment to providing quality care for all.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits - see our website for details
As people of Providence, we reveal God's love for all, especially the poor and vulnerable, through our compassionate service.
Providence Health & Services is the third largest not-for-profit health system in the United States. Providence employs more than 82,000 caregivers (employees) across a five-state area; AK, WA, MT, OR, and CA. Our facilities include 34 hospitals, 600 physician clinics, senior services, supportive housing and other health and educational services. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Schedule: On Call
Job Category: Therapy Support (PTA, COTA, Rehab Aide)
Location: California-Santa Monica
Req ID: 149603